Cooler weather is heading to South Mississippi, but the commercial real estate market is staying hot beyond the usual construction season.
Since mid-October, nearly $5 million in commercial building permits were issued across the three Coast counties.
A strip mall in Gulfport was sold, in addition to new stores going up and several businesses getting major remodels.
Centre at Courthouse at 405 East Pass Road in Gulfport sold last month for $2,750,000. The complex, which was owned by Mladinich Holdings LP of Biloxi, has two buildings and space is leased to Citi Trends, Dollar Tree, Shoe Show and Smoothie King. The name of the buyer is undisclosed.
Jeff Rowlett and Matt Fitzgerald, investment specialists at Marcus & Millichap’s Milwaukee office, had the exclusive listing and Anne Williams, Mississippi Broker of Record, assisted in the transaction.
Topping the list of building permits is Machado Patano engineering firm in Biloxi, which took a $1.6 million permit for the conversion of the former Merchiston Hall building on Howard Avenue in Biloxi into new offices.
Going up in Moss Point is a new Dollar General store, and a new strip mall is under construction in Gulfport. Three churches are getting improvements in Biloxi and Pascagoula.
These new projects just getting started, but there are millions of dollars in construction in progress across the Coast. Two of the largest builds are construction of a second casino on the south side of U.S. 90 at Island View Casino in Gulfport and a 300,000-square-foot industrial building InSite Real Estate is constructing for The Chemours Company along Interstate 10 in Pass Christian.
Here’s what’s coming to the Coast
- $1.6 million for Machado Patano’s office conversion at 918 Howard Ave., Biloxi
- $750,000 for a new Dollar General store at 25597 Mississippi 613, Moss Point
- $600,000 for shell of a multi-tenant building at 11213 U.S. 49, Gulfport
- $500,000 for The Club fitness gym at 1345 East Pass Road, Gulfport
- $330,000 for Pod at Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, Beach Boulevard, Biloxi
- $310,000 for a new strip mall at 13025 Lorraine Road, Gulfport
- $225,000 for renovations of Hampton Inn, Big Ridge Road, Biloxi
- $84,000 for a new building at 5232 U.S. 90, Bay St. Louis
- $81,000 for renovation of 122 rooms at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi
- $75,000 for Assembly of God entryway, 14901 Lemonyne Blvd., Biloxi
- $65,000 for renovation of First Presbyterian Church, 1819 Pascagoula St., Pascagoula
- $50,000 for renovations of VFW Post, 1644 Pass Road, Biloxi
- $50,000 for renovations at 16331 Mississippi 603, Kiln
- $45,000 for renovations of Fluff & Fold Laundry, 12449 U.S. 49, Gulfport
- $36,000 for a fireworks and party store at 20467 U.S. 49, Saucier
- $35,000 for foundation for outdoor kitchen at Bozos Market, 2012 Ingalls Ave., Pascagoula
- $35,000 for nail salon at 15224 Creosote Road, Gulfport
- $30,000 for renovation 4409 McArthur St., Pascagoula
- $20,000 for exterior renovations at Riverside Baptist Church, 2211 Canty St., Pascagoula
- $20,000 for 2 suites renovation at 16940 Kapalama Road, Diamondhead