The 2018 Hoopsfest again brings the Coast's top high school basketball teams together for a full slate of games on Saturday at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.
There will be no dunk contest this year, but there will be a 3-point contest for the area's top sharpshooters.
TICKETS: You can purchase tickets for $8 from participating schools and advance tickets can be purchased at the coliseum box office for $10. Tickets can also be purchased for $11 at the coliseum on the day of the event.
Check SunHerald.com for coverage of Saturday’s games.
Here's a look at the full schedule for Saturday's games:
▪ 10 a.m. — Moss Point vs. West Harrison — Moss Point is 4-17 entering the game while West Harrison rolls in at 6-9.
▪ 11:30 a.m. — D'Iberville vs. Pass Christian — Clint Hawkins is averaging 13.6 points a game for D'Iberville (11-8). Pass Christian is 7-12 overall, but has played better recently with a 6-3 mark in Region 8-4A competition.
▪ 1 p.m. — Picayune vs. St. Martin — Picayune (15-7) is tied for No. 3 in this week's Sun Herald Top 10 while St. Martin (13-8) checks in at No. 7. Jaron Wilkens is leading St. Martin with averages of 15.4 points and 7.9 rebounds a game.
▪ 2:30 p.m. — Pascagoula vs. Bay High — Junior D'yasmond Booker is averaging 16.2 points and 9.3 rebounds a game for No. 3 Pascagoula (13-6). No. 8 Bay High is 12-9 and 7-0 in Region 8-4A.
▪ 4 p.m. — Gulfport vs. Ocean Springs — Junior forward Derick Hall, a top football prospect as a linebacker, is averaging 12.9 points and 6.3 rebounds for No. 9 Gulfport, which is 10-11 overall. This week's Sun Herald Player of the Week, senior guard Ryan Black, is averaging 15.9 points and 6.8 rebounds for No. 6 Ocean Springs (15-7).
▪ 5:30 p.m. — Harrison Central vs. Laurel — No. 1 Harrison Central is led by the two-headed monster of senior guard Dajon Whitworth and senior forward Daquan Perkins. They combine to average 36 points a game. Laurel (14-5) is the two-time defending Class 5A state champion.
▪ 7 p.m. — Biloxi vs. Meridian — No. 2 Biloxi (21-1) is a deep squad that look to prove its a contender against Meridian, which is the defending Class 6A state champion. Meridian is led by former Pascagoula head coach Ron Norman. Meridian (23-1) is one of the state's best teams again and features 6-foot-6 senior forward Tyron Brewer.