GULFPORT -- Firefighters responded to a house fire near South Boulevard and Canal Road on Friday afternoon.
Crews from the Harrison County Fire Service and Gulfport Fire Department were called out to the home about 2 p.m.
Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said the blaze did heavy fire damage to two rooms and smoke damage to the rest of the four-bedroom brick house.
"No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported," Sullivan said. "Investigators determined the fire was accidental, starting on the stove."
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
He said the American Red Cross is lending assistance to the residents.