Harrison County

He was starting a fire in his fire pit in the Pass. Now, he’s in a burn center in Jackson

A Pass Christian man is airlifted to a burn c enter in Jackson on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017.
A Pass Christian man is airlifted to a burn c enter in Jackson on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017. Pat Sullivan

Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said in a new release that an 80-year-old suffered serious burns Saturday.

Sullivan said the man was lighting a fire in his fire pit outside his home on Freddie Frank Road in Pass Christian. Neighbors reported hearing an explosion and screams, Sullivan said. The man’s porch was also damaged from the fire.

He was using gasoline to start the fire, Sullivan said.

The burn victim was transported by ambulance to Memorial Hospital at Gulfport before being airlifted to a burn center in Jackson.

  Comments