Harrison County

Man had left for work when a passerby reported his house was on fire

A fire at a home on Edwin Ladner Road caused heavy damages to the first floor and resulted in heat-related issues for one firefighter, Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said.

The two-story wood home caught fire after the homeowner had left for work, Sullivan said. It caused heavy fire damages to the first floor, he said.

A passerby reported the fire about 8 a.m.

Five units responded from Harrison County Fire Service, Pass Christian, Diamondhead, Fenton and Combat Readiness Training Center fire departments, he said.

One firefighter was treated at the scene by an American Medical Response ambulance service crew.

Sullivan said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

Robin Fitzgerald: 228-896-2307, @robincrimenews

  Comments