South Mississippi is heading out of 2017 in a big way, with $16 million in new construction permits issued in the last month in the three Coast counties.
The big projects issued permits since mid-November are $5.6 million for two sewer lift stations at Moss Point. Also in Jackson County, Ocean Springs Road will get a new assisted living facility and Vancleave a New Dollar General in an undisclosed location on Mississippi 57. At the Ocean Springs exit of Interstate 10, the Waffle House at Tucker Road, north of I-10, is getting a rebuild.
In Harrison County, a permit was issued for a new Dunkin’ Donuts, just south of Dedeaux Road near the Harrison Central Elementary School.
The Treen Report shows that of the 29 commercial permits issued in South Mississippi in the last month, 11 were in Gulfport. The construction value of these project was nearly $4 million.
This new construction and remodeling are in addition to the millions in construction projects already under way across South Mississippi.
Also in the last month, permits were issued for 69 new single family homes in Harrison and Hancock counties and 22 in Jackson County.
New construction on the Coast
- $5,300,000. Sewer lift station, 5505 Mississippi 614, Moss Point
- $2,400,000. A 60-room assisted living facility, 8905 Ocean Springs Road, Ocean Springs
- $1,600,000. Site work for new residential development, DeBuys Road, Gulfport
- $1,300,000. New Field House at Biloxi Junior High
- $1,200,000. Accessory building at Polychemie, 3080 Port & Harbor Drive, Bay St. Louis
- $750,000. New Dollar General, Mississippi 57, Vancleave
- $480,000. Foundation for 9,600 square foot building, 6900 Mississippi 614, Moss Point
- $340,000. Sewer lift station, 12980 Mississippi 63, Moss Point
- $275,000. Renovation to WS Holdings office, 8289 Canal Road, Gulfport
- $270,000. New building at Gulfport International. Longshoreman Assn., 204 30th Ave., Gulfport
- $250,000. Site work for Elliott Homes, 15011 Duckworth Road, Gulfport
- $246,000. New boat repair shop, 4417 Tennessee Ave., Gulfport
- $225,000. Renovation to Gulf Coast Grill, Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, Gulfport
- $220,000. Dunkin Donuts, 11213 U.S. 49, Gulfport
- $200,000. Site work for Dedeaux Utility Co., 1107 Cowan Road, Gulfport
- $195,000. Renovation and pharmacy addition, 1311 Broad Ave., Gulfport
- $186,000. Renovation and cooler, 4929 Denny Ave., Pascagoula
- $124,000. Coin laundry renovation, 13211 Dedeaux Road, Gulfport
- $116,000. Tower at 960 Howard Ave., Biloxi
- $100,000. RV and boat storage, 15074 E. Wortham Road, Saucier
- $86,000. Rebuild Waffle House, 7540 Tucker Road, Ocean Springs
- $68,000. Renovation at 3141 Denny Ave., Pascagoula
- $36,000. Renovation of Coast Transit Center, 188 Reynoir St., Biloxi
- $25,000. Addition to produce stand, 6900 Hurley Wade Road, Hurley
- $25,000. AT&T additions to 3 radio units, 10030 U.S. 90, Bay St. Louis
- $24,000. Renovations at 12178 U.S. 49, Gulfport
- $20,000. New roof at Nola-Goula Inns & Suites, 2102 Denny Ave., Pascagoula
- $15,000. Carport for truck parking at Coast Electric, 18020 Mississippi 603, Kiln
- $10,000. Finish of gift shop, 16940 Kapalama Road Diamondhead