As initials rains from Hurricane Nate begin hitting the Gulf Coast, more retailers announce closings ahead of the severe weather.
According to the Harrison County Emergency Management Agency, all Lowe’s stores will close at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Ealier Saturday, Walmart announced it would close all of its coastal locations in Mississippi at 5 p.m.
Owners and employees of several businesses along the Coast were seen Saturday preparing for the storm.
Harbors across South Mississippi were also vacant on Saturday as mandatory evacuations were issued on Friday and Saturday morning.
Pat Kuluz, of Biloxi, was preparing for the storm at Biloxi Harbor Fuel and Bait at the Biloxi small craft harbor on Saturday.
"I was waiting to see if anybody needs fuel before I shut down, but it looks like everybody's good,” Kuluz said.
- CTA will not offer any bus services on Sunday and will stop bus services at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Pascagoula River Audubon Center is canceling all programming this weekend. Will reopen for Toddler on Tuesday.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore officials will close all of areas of the national seashore including all Mississippi Islands to the public.
- St. James Fall Festival at the church on Cowan Road in Gulfport is postponed until next weekend.
- The Catholic Diocese of Biloxi’s 2017 Rosary Rally, scheduled for Sunday at Holy Family Catholic Church in Pass Christian, has been canceled.
- The Lighthouse Arts and Crafts Fair on Saturday at the Biloxi Visitors Center is canceled.
- Zonta Arts & Crafts Festival in downtown Pascagoula will be postponed. The 40th Annual Day in the Plaza will be Oct. 28.
- Westminster Presbyterian Church’s Fall Festival and blessing of the pets, scheduled for this Saturday, has been postponed until Oct. 21. It will still run 1-4 p.m. in Bayou View Park, Gulfport.
- The Gulf Coast Italian American Cultural Society annual Columbus Dinner set for Monday has been canceled.
- The de l’Epee Deaf Center in Gulfport has rescheduled its Spooktacular event to Oct. 21, from 4 to 7 p.m.
- The Walter Anderson Museum of Art in Ocean Springs is closed until Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 9 a.m.
- The Humane Society of South Mississippi will close Saturday to evacuate the shelter and make room for anticipated strays.
- The Jackson county Animal Shelter closed at noon Friday and will remain closed Saturday.
- Sunday morning services at First United Methodist Church of Gulfport and all Sunday activities are canceled, including C.L.I.C.K & the Youth Cohort gathering.
- Harrison County Soccer Field Tournament on County Farm Road are canceled for Saturday and Sunday.
- Football Games on County Football Fields should conclude by 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Events at Harrison County buildings, civic centers, seniors centers should be concluded and secured by 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Long Beach Schools will be closed on Monday.
- The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 2004 Pass Road, Biloxi, will postpone Sunday’s Divine Worship Service until Monday, Oct. 9, at 6 p.m.