When it comes to Christmas, South Mississippi celebrates with pusharattas, boat parades, snowflakes and lights. The celebration is like a parade, with a big push of events the first weekend in December and more holiday fun right up to New Year’s Eve.
Here’s the celebration, South Mississippi style:
▪ Through Dec. 30 — Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival at Jones Park, U.S. 90 & 49, Gulfport. See more than 1 million lights on a walking tour or aboard a free heated trolley. Santa’s Big Wheel, Merry Go Round Carousel and other rides and Santa is there through Dec. 23 for visits and photos. Regular admission: Adults, $10; ages 5-12, $5; ages 4 and under, free. Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Discounted theme nights, $5: Sunday is School Spirit Night; Monday is Seniors Night; Tuesday is Military and First-Responders Night; and Wednesday is Locals Appreciation Night. Ride tickets are $1. 228-868-5881. 5:30-9:30 p.m. Show ends at 10:30 p.m. (weather permitting).
▪ Through Dec. 31 — 36 Days of Christmas & Trains at Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum, 504 Pass Road, Gulfport. Free admission, donations appreciated. Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. 228-284-5731. 5-9 p.m.
▪ Through Dec. 31 — Miracle at Hard Rock Casino will also join locations around the country in selling holiday mugs featured on the signature cocktail menu with 10 percent of all sales donated to Action Against Hunger. Hours are 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Thursdays and 6 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday.
▪ Through Dec. 31 — Snowflakes in the Bay, with lights and decorations throughout Downtown Bay St. Louis & Depot Row, Bay St. Louis. Free. 228-463-9222. Nightly
▪ Through Jan. 6 — Ice skating at Coast Coliseum. Admission for 90-minute sessions is $12, which includes skate rental, while supplies last. Session dates and times vary. Go to mscoastcoliseum.com for details.
▪ Dec. 8-30 — King’s Christmas Light Display is the return of a Coast tradition at 15324 Three Rivers Road, Biloxi. Free.Santa will be there Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 8-9, 15-16 and 22-23. 228-860-2263. 6-10 p.m.
▪ Dec. 15-24 — Sounds of the Season Choral Performance by local choral groups at the atrium at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, 875 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. 5-7 p.m.
Walter Anderson Theater Project presents Scrooge the Musical at the Mary C. O’Keefe, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. Adults $20, Student/Senior/Military $15, Children 12 and under $10. 228-818-2878.
Christmas with Aaron Neville at Beau Rivage Casino. Tickets start at $19.95. 8 p.m.
▪ Festival of Lights at Perkinston Campus of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will feature a silent auction, art shows, pictures with Santa, train rides, music, games and Ferris wheel rides. Rides and games are free. 4:45-9 p.m.
▪ Christmas in the Pass in Downtown Pass Christian with tree lighting, Santa parade, music, food, arts and gifts. 5-9 p.m.
▪ Downtown for the Holiday, hosted by Pascagoula Main Street in Downtown Pascagoula. Free. 228-219-1114. 5:30-9 p.m.
▪ Family Movie Night with “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at D’Iberville Town Green with hot cocoa, cookies and popcorn. Bring chairs and blankets. Free. 228-861-3755. 6 p.m.
▪ Christmas at Jackson County at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Fine Arts Auditorium, Gautier. Featuring the Jackson County Campus Concert Choir and the vocal ensemble JC Voices. Free. A $5 donation for pre-sale tickets supports the choir and includes prime seating and refreshments. 228-497-7707. 7 p.m.
▪ Coast Chorale Concert at Main Street United Methodist Church, 162 Main St., Bay St. Louis. Free. The Coast Chorale’s 2018 program will include the West Harrison High School Choir and will consist of carols, Christmas anthems, spirituals and popular holiday themes. Soloists include Allen Henson, Deana Landry and Judy D’Angelo. 228-467-4538. 7-8 p.m.
Holiday Open House at businesses in Ocean Springs. Caroling by First Baptist Church. Hot chocolate and holiday guides to specials at Ocean Springs Visitor Center at 1000 Washington Ave. Free. 228-875-4424 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
▪ Christmas on the Avenue at Harper McCaughan Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Ave., Long Beach. Free admission. Santa breakfast is 8-11 a.m. And is $5 for adults and $3 for children. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
▪ Come Learn With Santa for children age 5 and younger at Lopez School, 140 St. John Ave., Biloxi. Photos and snacks with Santa, holiday crafts. Free. 228-297-6808. 10 a.m.-Noon
▪ International Christmas Festival & Pastry Sale at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 255 Beauvoir Road, Biloxi. Free. 228-831-5820. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
▪ Community Christmas at North Gulfport Community Park at 8300 34th Ave., Gulfport. Santa is bringing free hot chocolate, hamburgers, popcorn, candy, fruit and music. Light display. Free. 5:30-8 p.m.
▪ Christmas in Mississippi movie that was filmed in Gulfport will be shown at Fishbone Alley in downtown Gulfport. Christmas party begins at 5:30 p.m. and the movie at 6:30 p.m. Ugly Sweater contest. Free movie.
▪ Christmas on the Bayou boat parade at Bayou Bernard, Gulfport. Hosted by The Dock and The Shed. Free. 6 p.m.
▪ Christmas Past in the Pass, a Pass Christianh Theater Project at 315 Clark Ave., Pass Christian. $15. 228-297-9075. 7 p.m.
▪ Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Holiday Show at Island View Casino. Tickets are $30. 8 p.m.
The Nutcracker presented by Ballet Theater South at Hancock Performing Arts Center, 7140 Stennis Airport Road, Kiln. 228-822-0490. Saturday 7:30 p.m. Sunday 3 p.m.
Make a Wind Chime while sipping cocktails and enjoying appetizers at Scarlet Pearl Casino. Tickets are $40. 2 p.m.
Holiday Open House in the shopping promenade at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, 875 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, includes window displays, artisans and vendors. 888-750-7111. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Dessert Theater with Biloxi High School Sound Surge Show Choir, Biloxi High Biloxi Belles, Biloxi Junior High Biloxi Belles, Nancy’s School of Dance and Next Level Performing Arts. At Biloxi Upper Elementary School, 1424 Father Ryan Ave., Biloxi. $10 admission includes desserts, drinks, performances and silent auction. 228-435-6105. Doors open at 5:45 p.m. Show at 6:30 p.m.
Ocean Springs Chorale presents Home for the Holidays Concert at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. General admission $15. Members $10. Age 10 and under $5. 228-818-2878. 7 p.m.
Brandon Bennett performs “An Elvis My Way Christmas” at IP Casino. Tickets start at $14. 8 p.m.
▪ Breakfast with Santa & Mrs. Claus at Beauvoir, the Jefferson Davis Home & Presidential Library, 2244 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. $15 for children; $5 for adults. 228-388-4400. 9 a.m.-noon
▪ Ice Skating Brunch with Santa at Mississippi Coast Coliseum, 2350 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi. $12 includes skate rental. 228-594-3700. Brunch 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. 90 minutes of skating starts at 1, 3:30, 6 & 8:30 p.m.
▪ Escatawpa Christmas Parade begins at M&M Bank Parking Lot and ends at Escatawpa Elementary School. Trophies will be awarded. 228-475-0415. 11:30 a.m.
▪ Woolmarket Christmas Parade from Woolmarket Road to Woolmarket Elementary School, where hot chocolate and cookies will be served at the gym. 228-861-5422. 2:30 p.m.
▪ Christmas in the ‘Bouffa Lighted Boat Parade at Your Mama’z House, 12056 Cedar Lake Road, Biloxi. 228-261-1937. Free to view, $35 boat registration. 5-11 p.m.
▪ Smith Family Christmas concert at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. $15 members, $20 non-members. 228-818-2878. 7 p.m.
Dec. 15-16, 19-27
▪ Christmas Dreams show on ice at Beau Rivage. Tickets start at $12.95. Package of four is $40 (code: Christmas) or four for $30 for military. 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
▪ Special Santa Brunch at BR Prime at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi. $65 per person, $25 for children 3-12. Children 2 and under eat free. 888-750-7111. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
▪ Charnley-Norwood Christmas Open House. The home at 509 E. Beach Drive, Ocean Springs was designed by Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright. Wear soft-bottom shoes (no heels). Free. 1-4 p.m.
▪ Gingerbread House Family Decorating Workshop at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, 246 Dolan Ave., Gulfport. $35 per family. 228-897-6039.2-4 p.m.
▪ The Nutcracker is presented by Mississippi Ballet Academy at IP Casino. Russian ballet dancers and choreographers. Local dancers are Piper Lind and Christian Delery. Tickets start at $15. 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Photos with Santa at The Buffet at Beau Rivage, 875 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. (888) 750-7111. 5-9 p.m.
Christmas at Beauvoir, The Jefferson Davis Home, 2244 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. Lighted gardens, carolers, dancers, Christmas reenactment of a camp. Refreshments. $12.50 adults, $10 Military & Seniors, $7.50 children (6-18), under 6 free. 228-388-4400. 5-8 p.m.
Songs & Stories Christmas Show at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. Free. 228-818-2878. 7 p.m.
▪ Kids Street Christmas at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, 246 Dolan Avenue, Gulfport. Included with museum admission. 228-897-6039. 5:30-8 p.m.
▪ The Coast Big Band Holiday Show at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. Reserved Seating: Members $15. Non-members: $20. 228-818-2878. 7:30 p.m.
▪ Cirque Musica Holiday presents “Wonderland,” featuring the cast of Cirque Musica together with holiday songs performed at IP Casino by a live symphony orchestra. Tickets start $54. 8 p.m.
Jewel’s Handmade Holiday Tour with Atz, Atz Lee and Nikos Kilcher. Tickets start at $55. 8 p.m.
Biloxi Visitors Center Holiday open House, 1050 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. Shopping, artist displays, refreshments, children’s activities, pictures with Santa, tour train rides. Free. 228-374-3105 9 a.m.-4 p.m.