When it comes to Christmas, South Mississippi celebrates with a variety of events:
▪ Through Dec. 30 — Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival at Jones Park, U.S. 90 & 49, Gulfport. See more than 1 million lights on a walking tour or aboard a free heated trolley. Santa’s Big Wheel, Merry Go Round Carousel and other rides and Santa is there through Dec. 23 for visits and photos. Regular admission: Adults, $10; ages 5-12, $5; ages 4 and under, free. Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Ride tickets are $1. 228-868-5881. 5:30-9:30 p.m. Show ends at 10:30 p.m. (weather permitting).
▪ Through Dec. 30 — King’s Christmas Light Display is the return of a Coast tradition at 15324 Three Rivers Road, Biloxi. Free.Santa will be there Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 8-9, 15-16 and 22-23. 228-860-2263. 6-10 p.m.
▪ Through Dec. 31 — 36 Days of Christmas & Trains at Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum, 504 Pass Road, Gulfport. Free admission, donations appreciated. Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. 228-284-5731. 5-9 p.m.
▪ Through Dec. 31 — Miracle at Hard Rock Casino will also join locations around the country in selling holiday mugs featured on the signature cocktail menu with 10 percent of all sales donated to Action Against Hunger. Hours are 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Thursdays and 6 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday.
▪ Through Dec. 31 — Snowflakes in the Bay, with lights and decorations throughout Downtown Bay St. Louis & Depot Row, Bay St. Louis. Free. 228-463-9222. Nightly
▪ Through Jan. 6 — Ice skating at Coast Coliseum. Admission for 90-minute sessions is $12, which includes skate rental, while supplies last. Session dates and times vary. Brunch with Santa is 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Dec. 15. Skate with Santa is 3:30 and 6 p.m. Dec. 22. Details: mscoastcoliseum.com
▪ Dec. 15-24 — Sounds of the Season Choral Performance by local choral groups at the atrium at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, 875 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. 5-7 p.m.
▪ Dec. 15-16, 19-27 — Christmas Dreams show on ice at Beau Rivage. Tickets start at $12.95. Package of four is $40 (code: Christmas) or four for $30 for the military. 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Photos with Santa at The Buffet at Beau Rivage, 875 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. (888) 750-7111. 5-9 p.m.
Christmas at Beauvoir, The Jefferson Davis Home, 2244 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. Lighted gardens, carolers, dancers, Christmas reenactment of a camp. Refreshments. $12.50 adults, $10 Military & Seniors, $7.50 children (6-18), under 6 free. 228-388-4400. 5-8 p.m.
▪ Cajun Night Before Christmas! storytimes at East Biloxi Library, 580 Howard Ave. Free. Stories, songs and activities designed to spark a lifelong love of reading. Open to all ages. 228-436-3095. Pre-K storytime (recommended for ages 2-5): 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Elementary storytime: 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
▪ Holiday Family Movie at Pass Christian Public Library, 111 Hiern Ave. Free. Popcorn and punch. 228-452-4596. 1 p.m.-2:15 p.m.
▪ Songs & Stories Christmas Show at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. Free. 228-818-2878. 7 p.m.
Holiday Art Camp at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. $30 nonmembers; $25 members. Sign up for one day, or both. Dec. 20, make wire wrapped Star ornaments and paint a wintry landscape with lighted trees. Dec. 21, draw cups of hot chocolate and create foam printed holiday cards. Snacks are encouraged, but please no peanut products. 228-818-2878. 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
▪ Holiday Family Movie Matinee at Pass Christian Public Library, 111 Hiern Ave. Free. Popcorn and punch. 228-452-4596. 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
▪ Kids Street Christmas at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, 246 Dolan Avenue, Gulfport. Included with museum admission. 228-897-6039. 5:30-8 p.m.
▪ The Coast Big Band Holiday Show at Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center, 1600 Government St., Ocean Springs. Reserved Seating: Members $15. Non-members: $20. 228-818-2878. 7:30 p.m.
▪ Cirque Musica Holiday presents “Wonderland,” featuring the cast of Cirque Musica together with holiday songs performed at IP Casino by a live symphony orchestra. Tickets start $54. 8 p.m.
▪ Blackwater Brass — Funk the Holidays at The Julep Room, 1217 Washington Ave., Ocean Springs. 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
▪ Inaugural Jingle Bell Run 5K Run for Change at D’Iberville High School, 15625 Lamey Bridge Road, D’Iberville. Benefits The Cloud Effect, United Way of Mississippi and Habitat for Humanity.Free. 228-392-2678. 8 a.m.
▪ Jewel’s Handmade Holiday Tour with Atz, Atz Lee and Nikos Kilcher. Tickets start at $55. 8 p.m.
Biloxi Visitors Center Holiday open House, 1050 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. Shopping, artist displays, refreshments, children’s activities, pictures with Santa, tour train rides. Free. 228-374-3105 9 a.m.-4 p.m.