Pearl River Community College announced its Hall of Fame Class Friday.
Former head football coach J.C. Arban, defensive lineman John Feaster, baseball star Matt Riser, soccer star Emmaleigh Davis and All-State and softball star Jessica Dubuisson Morris will be inducted on Oct. 21 as part of the school’s homecoming festivities.
“I am forever grateful and thankful that I had the opportunity to play and attend classes at Pearl River,” said Feaster, the current Stone High coach. “I was blessed to have my mother, Elnora Jenkins there every Thursday and occasional Saturdays for every game. I was blessed to play for the late Keith Daniels. He gave me a chance to make a difference.”
Here’s a bio of each member:
Never miss a local story.
▪ J.C. Arban: Coached the Wildcats from 1975-85, winning the South Division and MACJC state championship in 1976, and played in the state championship game in 1981. His record at PRCC was 61-37-4. He was a key member of the 1958 Southern Miss team that won the UPI College Division National Championship in 1958, also served as USM assistant coach in 1973-1974.
▪ John Feaster: As a sophomore, he finished the year with 48 tackles. He recorded 2.5 quarterback sacks (second-best on the team), while causing one fumble and recovering a team-high three miscues.
▪ Matt Riser: Led PRCC to MACJC title. Batted .376 as a sophomore and .347 as a freshman, compiling 110 hits, 30 doubles and 109 runs scored in his two-year junior college career. Former Sun Herald All-South Mississippi standout at Picayune High. Baseball coach at Southeastern Louisiana.
▪ Emmaleigh Davis: In 2011, scored 30 goals, had 21 assists, and is the only Wildcat soccer player to be named a first-team All American. Former Sun Herald All-South Mississippi soccer standout at Resurrection.
▪ Jessica Dubuisson Morris: Played two seasons at PRCC. As a freshman, she was All-Region, as a sophomore All-Region 23 and All-American nominee with a 17-4 pitching record. She was voted PRCC’s most athletic.