Western Kentucky remains on top, but there's finally movement among the top five teams in Conference USA.
1. Western Kentucky (8-2, 6-0): The Hilltoppers weren't all that impressive in a 35-19 win over FAU, but they're No. 1 by a wide margin.
2. La. Tech (7-3, 5-1): The Bulldogs moved past their midseason lull and look as good as any team in C-USA headed into their final two games. Kenneth Dixon will go down as one of the best running backs in conference history.
3. Marshall (8-2, 5-1): The Herd took its first loss in league play, 27-24, to MTSU Saturday. We'll see how it responds Saturday against an FIU team that's one victory shy of bowl eligibility.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
4. Southern Miss (6-3, 4-1): The Golden Eagles are riding a three-game win streak and have a chance to get to eight wins before finishing the regular season in a huge game at La. Tech. Rice leads the all-time series with USM, 4-1, but the Golden Eagles have a good chance to win in Houston Saturday.
5. Middle Tenn. (4-5, 3-2) : The Blue Raiders finally showed what their capable of with the win over Marshall Saturday. MTSU has a shot to win out and reach the seven-win mark.