Baseball America released its top 10 prospects for 2015 in the Milwaukee Brewers' minor league on Friday, and a player who ended the 2014 season with the Huntsville Stars is at the top of the list.
Outfielder Tyrone Taylor played five games with the Stars last season, giving the Torrance, Calif., product a decent shot at starting his 2015 campaign with the Biloxi Shuckers.
The Double-A Stars were purchased and moved to Biloxi for the 2015 season. The team will play at MGM Park, which is under construction in Biloxi on U.S. 90 across from the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino.
Taylor batted .273 with six homers and 68 RBIs last season with most of his at-bats coming at Brevard County, Fla., in the High-A Florida State League.
Middle infielder Orlando Arcia is the No. 2 player on the list after batting .289 last season at Brevard County.
The No. 3 player is catcher Clint Coulter, who hit 22 homers last year at Low-A Wisconsin.
The only other player on the list who spent time in Huntsville last season is former Texas star right-hander Taylor Jungmann, who split the 2014 season between Huntsville and Triple-A Nashville. He was 12-10 last year with a 3.57 ERA in 27 starts.
Haudricourt's list consists of:
4. Monte Harrison, OF: Hit .261 in Rookie League in 2014.
5. Gilbert Lara, SS: The 17-year-old from the Dominican Republic was signed for $3.1 million last year.
6. Wei-Chung Wang, LHP: Played for Brevard County and the Brewers last year. He had a 10.90 ERA out of the bullpen at Milwaukee.
7. Taylor Williams, RHP: Starting pitcher went a combined 9-3 at Class A.
8. Devin Williams, RHP: Went 4-7 at the Rookie level.
9. Tyler Wagner, RHP: Was 13-6 at Brevard County last season.