Ocean Springs’ Amelia Moore is the only Coast volleyball player to sign a Division I scholarship this season.
The Sun Herald All-South Mississippi selection recently signed with Dayton University.
As a senior, Moore had 109 service points, 446 kills, 73 aces, 12 assists, 27 blocks to help lead the Lady Greyhounds into the Class III state quarterfinals.
Dayton coach Tim Horsmon believes Moore will make an immediate impact next year as a true freshman. She was a outside hitter and middle blocker for the Lady Greyhounds.
“Amelia is a physical player who will help us both in the middle and right side,” Horsmon said in a release. “She hits a heavy ball and puts up a really strong block. Amelia is passionate about volleyball and the sky is the limit on how good she’s going to be. We love her versatility and drive to be great.”
Here are the other Ocean Springs signees:
▪ Kelsay Himel, William Carey Soccer
▪ Cole wagoner, MGCCC Tennis
▪ Britt McKay Pearl River CC baseball
▪ Garrett Watson MGCCC Baseball
▪ Emma Hunt Mississippi State Track and Field
▪ Amelia Moore The University of Dayton Volleyball
▪ Samya James, Chipola, Fl CC Fast Pitch softball