1. LSU (Previous rank: 1): Like a lot of teams in the league, LSU has a bye after trouncing Western Kentucky.
2. Alabama (2): The Tide had to duke it out with the Vols but now have a bye before the Nov. 7 clash against LSU.
3. Mississippi State (4): Dak attack is back, Jack. Prescott torched the Wildcats. MSU is on a bye before playing Missouri next week.
4. Florida (5): Treon Harris looked solid back at QB for Florida. A bye week before the Georgia game will go a long way for Harris, who led UF past UGA a year ago.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
5. Ole Miss (6): Amazing what a difference the top left tackle in the country can make.
6. Texas A&M (3): So, Kyler Murray sat because of his practice habits? The Aggies sure could have used a spark at Ole Miss.
7. Tennessee (7): With Alabama in the rear-view mirror, it's not outside the realm of possibilities that three-win Vols rip off five straight wins against UK, USC, North Texas, Missouri and Vandy.
8. Georgia (8): A win against arch-rival Florida will put the Dawgs in the East's driver seat. Is Grayson Lambert the QB to get it done? Can UGA lean on Sony Michel?
9. Arkansas (11): Saturday's four OT win over Auburn came at a price as the Hogs lost another RB, Rawleigh Williams, to a neck injury.
10. Auburn (9): How can the Tigers bounce back after a four OT backbreaking loss to the Hogs?
11. Kentucky (10): After back to back losses, you have to wonder if UK can get to six wins this season. Charlotte is a win. What about a defensive 'Dores game?
12. South Carolina (13): A bye week is good for USC coming off of the team's 19-10 win over Vandy with interim coach Shawn Elliott calling the shots.
13. Vanderbilt (14): The 'Dores haven't had much reason to celebrate this season, but their defense is among the country's best in terms of scoring defense. VU is 13th nationally, averaging 16.3 ppg.
14. Missouri (12): Meet the floor, Mizzou. Posting just three points against Vanderbilt is never a good thing.