1. LSU (Previous rank: 1): The biggest win for LSU was how the school supported USC. With an increasingly interesting game against the Gators ahead, RB Leonard Fournette rushed for 158 yards and a TD.
2. Texas A&M (2): The Aggies were one of a handful of SEC schools that had the week off. The timing is perfect as Texas A&M will host motivated Alabama.
3. Alabama (3): Speaking of the Tide, Alabama scored 17 late to pull away from Arkansas. QB Jake Coker passed for a season-high 262 yards and two TDs but also threw two picks.
4. Florida (4): The Gators were feeling really great with a 6-0 record up until about noon on Monday. Will Florida continue its run with Treon Harris taking back the QB duties.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
5. Ole Miss (5): Curious what Hugh Freeze thought of Jim Kelly critiquing his usage of Chad Kelly, the Hall of Fame QB's nephew.
6. Mississippi State (6): No Dak needed. Prescott played sparingly and the Bulldogs still squashed Troy while getting a glimpse of the future at QB.
7. Tennessee (11): Joshua Dobbs passed for 312 yards, rushed for 118 and accounted for five scores. Not a bad day at the office. Can the Vols use this win as a springboard?
8. Georgia (7): Georgia always has a stable of running backs ready to go, but losing Nick Chubb will hurt -- even for the Dawgs. It's the Sony (Michel) and Keith (Marshall) show from here on out in Athens.
9. Kentucky (8): The Cats had a bye week. We'll see if it was time well spent with stumbling Auburn coming to the Commonwealth for a Thursday night showdown.
10. Arkansas (10): It's going to be tough to win ballgames when your leading rusher accounts for just 26 yards.
11. Missouri (9): The Tigers never mustered much against Florida with freshman Drew Lock at quarterback.
12. Auburn (12): Like UK, Auburn is coming off of a bye week. Can the Tigers get their first SEC victory? Perhaps a better question: Who starts at QB?
13. South Carolina (13): Last week was difficult all the way around for South Carolina, At least USC hosts Vanderbilt on Saturday with a chance to pick up perhaps its only SEC win.
14. Vanderbilt (14): The 'Dores had a bye week and will look to pick up its first SEC win since 2013 against a reeling USC team.