Scattered rain and thunderstorms are expected for the next few days in South Mississippi, according to the National Weather Service in New Orleans.
The NWS issued a flash flood watch for several counties in South Mississippi until Saturday morning on Wednesday in anticipation of heavy rainfall from a tropical low moving in from the Gulf of Mexico.
The counties include Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Pearl River. Several counties in Southeastern Louisiana are also included in the watch.
Five to eight inches of rain are possible during the duration of the watch.
The NWS also said that frequent lightning strikes are a concern during the flash flood watch period. Gusts of wind up to 40 mph are also a possibility. Some of the thunderstorms could be severe at times.
If you see flooding or severe weather in your area, send us your photos to email@example.com.
The Sun Herald will update this as information becomes available.
In Harrison County
- Public Works on North Street in Pass Christian
- District 3 Work Center in Long Beach
- District 4 Work Center on 34th Street in Gulfport
- Road Department on Cowan-Lorraine Road in Gulfport
- Courthouse Road Pier in Gulfport
- Orange Grove Community Center in Gulfport
- 42nd Avenue Fire Station on Hewes Avenue in Gulfport
- District 2 Work Center on County Farm Road in Gulfport
- Work Center on Automall Parkway in D’Iberville
In Jackson County:
- Ocean Springs Public Works Department, 712-A Pine Drive
- Pascagoula Public Works Department (Recycle Center), 4011 14th St.
- Gautier behind City Hall, 3330 U.S.90
- Moss Point Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview St.
- Central Division Roads Department, 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Mississippi 63, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Station, 3901 Mississippi 57 south of U.S. 90
- West Division Roads Department, 6900 N. Washington Ave., Ocean Springs
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road
- Escatawpa Fire Station, 3801 Sentinel Drive, Moss Point
In Hancock County
- Hancock County Arena, 4184 Kiln DeLisle Road, Kiln
- Hancock County Old Annex, 3068 Longfellow Drive, Bay St. Louis
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road, Lakeshore
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington St., Pearlington