A flood warning for the Biloxi River and a flood watch for all of South Mississippi are in effect as a storm system stalls over the Gulf Coast.
The National Weather Service is predicting up to 10 inches of rain in the area by Saturday.
Tropical moisture moving in from the Gulf of Mexico is bringing heavy rainfall that could result in ponding and flooding of low-lying areas.
Scattered showers and storms already have been the underlying cause of wrecks on Interstate 10 and other areas of the Coast.
The Biloxi River near Lyman is the area affected by the flood warning. The flood stage is 12 feet and is expected to crest at 13 feet by Friday.
All of South Mississippi remains under a flood watch through Saturday morning.
The Pascagoula-Gautier School District postponed a pep rally and open house scheduled for Thursday evening at Gautier High School. The new date is Aug. 18.
In Harrison County
- Public Works on North Street in Pass Christian
- District 3 Work Center in Long Beach
- District 4 Work Center on 34th Street in Gulfport
- Road Department on Cowan-Lorraine Road in Gulfport
- Courthouse Road Pier in Gulfport
- Orange Grove Community Center in Gulfport
- 42nd Avenue Fire Station on Hewes Avenue in Gulfport
- District 2 Work Center on County Farm Road in Gulfport
- Work Center on Automall Parkway in D’Iberville
In Jackson County:
- Ocean Springs Public Works Department, 712-A Pine Drive
- Pascagoula Public Works Department (Recycle Center), 4011 14th St.
- Gautier behind City Hall, 3330 U.S.90
- Moss Point Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview St.
- Central Division Roads Department, 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Mississippi 63, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Station, 3901 Mississippi 57 south of U.S. 90
- West Division Roads Department, 6900 N. Washington Ave., Ocean Springs
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road
- Escatawpa Fire Station, 3801 Sentinel Drive, Moss Point
In Hancock County
- Hancock County Arena, 4184 Kiln DeLisle Road, Kiln
- Hancock County Old Annex, 3068 Longfellow Drive, Bay St. Louis
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road, Lakeshore
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington St., Pearlington