Mississippi continues to inch up in the Gallup Healthways well-being rankings.
In 2008, the state was 50th. In the latest survey, which covers 2014 and was released Wednesday, Mississippi was ranked 46th.
The report says states and countries were evaluated on:
- Purpose: Liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: Having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: Managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: Liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
- Physical: Having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Among states, Mississippi ranked 22nd for purpose, 42nd for social, 50th for financial, 41st for community and 44th for physical.
View the full report here.