Harrison County

Smoke detector alerts family to house fire

The buzz from a smoke detector alerted a mother and her four children of a fire in their home, allowing them to escape and save their home, officials said.

Firefighters from Henderson Point and Pass Christian fire departments responded about midnight to 316 Bayview, said Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan.

Crews kept the fire contained to one area of the living room.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation but was not hospitalized, he said.

SunHerald.com updates the story as details become available.

  Comments