Here’s when you can expect to get new garbage and recycling carts if you live anywhere in Harrison County, except Gulfport:
▪ Woolmarket/North Biloxi: Aug. 13-18
▪ D’Iberville: Aug. 17-Sept. 1
▪ East Biloxi: Aug. 8-Sept. 12
▪ West Biloxi: Aug. 22-Sept. 19
▪ Long Beach: Aug. 15-Sept. 20
▪ Pass Christian: Aug. 29-Sept. 22
▪ County Farm area: Aug. 30-Sept. 30
▪ Saucier area: Sept. 5-30
A release from the Harrison County Utility Authority said each cart will come with fact sheets, answers to common resident questions, and final route map and pickup schedule. All pickups will occur on the service day listed on the route map — with garbage, trash/debris and recycling picked up on the same day.
HCUA and Team Waste will be making available to each city hall and Harrison County Courthouse samples of the actual garbage and recycling carts for public viewing, along with hard copies of the cart information.
HCUA and other representatives will be on hand at the following community meeting to answer questions. In addition, Donald Scharr, executive director, will attend various city and county meetings to offer updates during public comment periods, as well as speak at various civic groups, over the next four to six weeks.
Unless noted, meetings are from 6-7 p.m.
▪ Aug. 28: Woolmarket Community/Senior Center, 16320 Old Woolmarket Road
▪ Aug. 31: D’Iberville Civic Center, 10395 Auto Mall Pkwy.
▪ Sept. 5: Dr. Frank Gruich Community Center, 578 Howard Ave.
▪ Sept 7: Harrison County Fairgrounds, County Farm, Road, time to be announced
▪ Sept. 12: Long Beach Senior Center, 20257 Daugherty Road
▪ Sept. 14: Pass Christian City Hall, 200 West Scenic Drive
▪ Sept. 19: West Harrison Community Center, 4470 Espy Ave.
▪ Sept. 21: Donal Snyder Community Center, 2520 Pass Road
HCUA is working to add all of these items to its Facebook page and website. The website will also include a search bar where residents can enter their address to confirm their pickup day schedule.
To learn more about the garbage, trash and recycling transition, call Harrison County Utility Authority at 228-868-8752.