Harrison County

Fire chief says when sleeping teen awoke, his house was ablaze

Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said a 13-year-old boy awoke to find his houses on fire early Wednesday morning in Gulfport.

Sullivan said the fire broke out in a home on Landon Road near Allen Road shortly before 4 a.m.

“We received a 911 call that said a teen was in the house but the smoke woke him up,” Sullivan said. “No injuries were reported in the fire.”

First responders from Harrison County, Lizana, Cuevas, Pass Christian and Gulfport helped extinguish the fire. Sullivan said two dogs also safely escaped the blaze.

“There was some heavy damage to the house,” he said. “We are investigating it to determine where it started and how it happened.”

  Comments