The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality issued four water-contact advisories Wednesday, and advisories are are still in effect for five others.
The new advisories are issued for:
▪ Lakeshore Beach near Lakeshore Drive, Bay St. Louis, between Silver Slipper Casino and Pointset
▪ Pass Christian East Beach between Espy Avenue and Hayden Avenue
▪ East Courthouse Road Beach in Gulfport between Courthouse Road and Tegarden Road
▪ Edgewater Beach in Biloxi between DeBuys Road and Edgewater Drive
Advisories are still in effect for:
▪ Waveland Beach between Oak Boulevard and Favre Street
▪ Gulfport East Beach between Tegarden and Anniston Avenue
▪ Biloxi West Central Beach between Travia Street and Iberville Drive
▪ Front Beach near Martin Avenue in Ocean Springs, between the Yacht Club and Jackson Avenue
▪ Shearwater Beach, Ocean Springs, between Weeks Bayou and Ashley
These beaches are not closed but there is an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas. The advisories will be lifted when water samples show that levels are safe for human contact.