A trash fire that was thought to be out smoldered and spread, catching a cabinet and woodworking shop on fire and destroying the building this afternoon.
Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said firefighters from Lizana and Saucier responded about 4 p.m. to the fire on Hillview Road and found the building fully engulfed.
Sullivan said the owner of the shop had been burning wood scraps and thought the fire was out. But it caught grass and brush on fire, which spread to the building.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald