A family of three escaped without injuries from a 2:27 a.m. house fire today on Kiln-DeLisle Road.
Rachel Kately, her husband and teen-aged daughter were alerted by a smoke detector, said George Mixon, coordinator of Harrison County Fire Services.
A likely electrical malfunction started the blaze around a television and entertainment center. Mixon said electrical power service was disconnected and the family is making temporary living arrangements with relatives.
The Sun Herald updates this story in Thursday's editions.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.