Hyatt Place hotel is nearing completion on U.S. 90 in Biloxi and more hotels, restaurants, offices and homes are under construction in just about every area of South Mississippi.
A $1.1 million permit for the much-awaited Hotel Pass Christian was issued and owner Jordan Nicaud said the brick wall is going up. He hopes to have the 12-room hotel open in February for Mardi Gras.
“That’s the goal,” he said.
The hotel at 220 E. Scenic Drive in Pass Christian between Market Street and Davis Avenue will provide jobs for locals and luxury finishes and features such as a gym and spa for guests, who will have balcony views of Pass Christian Harbor or the city.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
Biloxi planning officials approved plans for a 100-room Hilton Garden Inn Hotel at 648 Beach Blvd. and for the design of a 66-room La Quinta Inn & Suites at 950/956 Beach Blvd.
“The approved rendering incorporates many historic residential features into the design, including a gable-and-hip roof with arch dormers, corbelling, columns, and railings to create a balcony effect,” said Jerry Creel, Biloxi’s community development director.
Permits were issued to start the $650,000 foundation work on the Blind Tiger restaurant on the beach south of Harrah’s Casino Gulf Coast in Biloxi.
Among other projects issued permits in August or under review:
▪ $1.1 million for a new office building at 4603 Hospital Road, Pascagoula
▪ $900,000 for Meinke Car Care Center & Retail, 15230 Creosote Road, Gulfport
▪ $854,000 for tenant renovation of apartments at Escatawpa Village, Mississippi 613, Moss Point
▪ $780,000 for Dollar General Store, 9918 Seaman Road, Vancleave
▪ $736,000 for new pharmacy and doctors office, 13034 Shriners Blvd., Biloxi
▪ $542,000 for new retail mall, 301 U.S. 90, Waveland.
▪ $374,000 for renovation of former Ocean Lanes Bowling, which will become Hall’s Motorsports showroom, 3640 Bienville Blvd., Ocean Springs
▪ $300,000 for renovations at Best Western, 9475 U.S. 49, Gulfport
▪ $300,000 for Marshall Funeral Home/crematory at 234-A Veterans Blvd., Biloxi
▪ $264,000 for new Asian noodle bar at Hard Rock Casino Biloxi
▪ $250,000 for new office at 13010 Kayleigh Cove, Biloxi
▪ $225,000 for site work at shopping center at 15230 Creosote Road, Gulfport
▪ $180,000 for mini storage at 15608 Mississippi 613, Moss Point
▪ $102,000 for restrooms and covered seating at Bayou View ballfields, 4300 Hewes Ave., Gulfport
▪ $73,000 for flower design studio, Pine Hills Floral Design, 7434 Cuevas Road, Pass Christian
▪ $70,000 for new Gulf Beach RV Park at 2428 Beach Blvd., Biloxi
▪ $50,000 for framing for Biloxi Brewing Co., 186 Bohn St., Biloxi
▪ $45,000 for parking lot at Project Cheeseburger, 603 East Pass Road, Gulfport
▪ $40,000 for open boat storage building at 7441 Lee Road, Bay St. Louis