Coast casinos and other employers across the Coast already are staffing up for the busy summer months.
A variety of part-time and full-time positions are available during the spring and summer. All Coast casinos and many resorts post job openings on their websites and hold job fairs to find seasonal staff for their swimming pools and restaurants.
▪ Margaritaville Resort Biloxi pool and waterpark will open the first weekend in March and general manager Kenny Glavan said the resort has started increasing staffing levels. January and February exceeded last year’s hotel occupancy, he said, “and we are trending to do the same in March and April. All indicators are very encouraging on what our summer should look like.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
Job fairs are scheduled over the next several weeks for seasonal positions:
▪ Harrah’s Gulf Coast job fair is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, inside Flavors Banquet Room at the casino on U.S. 90 in Biloxi. Job candidates will learn about seasonal jobs in table games, food and beverage and other departments, and should dress in business casual attire.
Brooke Robbins, director of human resources at the casino, said they are looking for “people who want to have fun and who naturally showcase our Southern culture and hospitality. With so much local and regional talent, we’re confident that we’ll find that in many of our candidates on Saturday,” she said.
▪ Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi presents a career fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26, for those looking for a new seasonal job or a career. It’s in the Grand Ballroom. Applicants also can visit the casino’s website to see job openings and submit an application.
▪ Hard Rock Casino Biloxi representatives plan to attend the casino job fair on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at Keesler Air Force Base and the casino also has openings posted on its website.
▪ Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Biloxi will take part in several job fairs and career days, among them the Unemployment Eliminators Job Fair at the Coast Convention Center on March 20 and the Moss Point Community Job Fair on April 4.
The season generally starts in March and April and runs through the summer or until Cruisin’ The Coast the first week of October. Palace Casino Resort hires for seasonal poolside restaurant and bar, which opens on weekends only in April and then daily after Memorial Day through Labor Day.