Waveland’s origins trace back to old Shieldsboro (Bay St. Louis). What originated as a resort area for New Orleans residents has become a blossoming residential community whose nickname is The Hospitality City. Buccaneer State Park and Buccaneer Bay Water Park are just a few of the family‐oriented fun things for tourists and locals in the city. Fishing, crabbing and generally any water‐related activities are the way to pass the time.
Points of Interest
● Buccaneer Bay Water Park at Buccaneer State Park, 1150 South Beach Blvd., 467‐3822
● Buccaneer State Park, 1150 South Beach Blvd., 467‐3822,
● Garfield Ladner Pier, 125 N. Beach Blvd.
● War & Peace – The T.F. Monti Private Model Collection, 117‐B U.S. 90 (by appointment only), 216‐7409,
● Veterans Memorial, at the foot of Coleman Avenue at N. Beach Blvd.