Lucedale is known as the place where people and progress meet. The city is small, but it is the only municipality in George County. Founded in 1901, it had its township reclassified as a city in 1977. The city has grown since its 1901 population of 332, but it never lost its small‐town appeal. With natural resources such as water and forests, hunting, fishing and swimming are just a few activities enjoyed by locals. Seward Farms runs a popular corn maze during the fall.
Points of Interest
● Lucedale City Park, 507 Oak St., (601) 947‐2082
● Splash Pad, Lucedale City Park, 507 Oak St., (601) 947‐2082
● Praise in the Park, Oct. 15, Lucedale City Park, 507 Oak St.
● Gingham Tree Arts & Crafts Festival, Nov. 12, 2016, George County Middle School
● George Regional Hospital, 859 Winter St., (601) 947‐3161
● Palestine Gardens, 201 Palestine Gardens Rd., (601) 947‐8422
● Seward Farms, 10836 Tanner Williams Rd., 947‐4542