Long Beach is a city that had once anointed itself the radish capital of the world. Radishes have fallen out of favor, but a diverse community of residents has risen from its farming past to be known as the friendly city.
Games and activities are available during the spring at the Town Green. The farmers market held Saturdays in downtown Long Beach at Church Avenue and First Street has fresh food. The University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus is on U.S. 90 across from Long Beach’s beautiful beach.
USM Gulf Park is also home to the more than 500‐year‐old Friendship Oak Tree, which is a popular photography spot.
Points of Interest
• Games on the Green, spring 2016, Harper McCaughan Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Avenue
• Long Beach Central Business District, Jeff Davis Avenue, 863‐1556,
• Long Beach Farmers Market, Long Beach Farmers Market is open 8:30 am ‐ noon Saturdays in downtown Long Beach, the corner of Church Avenue and First Street
• Long Beach Splash Pad, Harper McCaughan Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Ave., 669‐7601
• Southern Mississippi Jazz & Blues Festival, early April each year, front lawn, University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park Campus, 730 E. Beach Blvd., 214‐3296
• Taste of Long Beach, Sept. 24, Harper McCaughan Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Ave., 604‐0014
• University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park campus, 730 E. Beach Blvd., 865‐4500
• Wind & Wave Festival, last Saturday in April each year, Long Beach Harbor, 863‐1556
• Long Beach Live, April 7‐ Oct. 6, 2016, 6:30‐8:30 p.m. first Thursday of every month, Harper McCaughan Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Ave. 864‐6323