D’Iberville took its name from the founder of the French colony of Louisiana of New France, explorer Pierre le Moyne, sieur d’Iberville. In 1988, nearly 300 years after Iberville came to the area, the city was incorporated.
The city’s location near the junction of interstates 10 and 110 make it a magnet for national restaurant chains and retailers. It is one of the fastest‐growing business areas on the Coast. The Scarlet Pearl Casino opened its doors in December 2015.
Points of Interest
• Cypress Lanes, 3200 Mallett Rd., Ste. H, 392-3395
• D’Iberville BBQ Throwdown Festival, March 4, 2017, Civic Center Complex, Automall Parkway, 257-9734
• The Grand 18, 11470 Cinema Dr., 354-9541
• The Promenade, shopping center Promenade Pkwy., at I10 and I110, (214) 596-1195
• Scarlet Pearl Casino, 9380 Central Ave., D’Iberville, 392-1889