Latest News

Two people escape Saucier house fire without injuries

PHOTO COURTESY PAT SULLIVAN
PHOTO COURTESY PAT SULLIVAN

Two Saucier residents escaped injury Friday night as a fire blazed through their home, said Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan.

Sullivan said the fire happened around 10:15 p.m. on Shavers Road. He said flames were coming through the roof of the one-story brick home when first responders arrived at the scene. Although no one was injured, the house was heavily damaged.

Severe weather, including rain and frequent lightning, Sullivan said, proved to be an additional challenge in extinguishing the fire.

Seven trucks and 16 firefighters from Harrison County, Saucier, Lizana and CRTC responded to the call.

Sullivan said a grease fire on the stove is believed to have caused the fire.

  Comments