The Armed Forces Retirement Home will host its Gardening Day open house Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. The event is open to the public.
Below is the schedule of events:
• 8:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m. - Self-guided garden tours of the AFRH grounds.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m. – Hors d’oeuvres & Refreshments will be available in the front lobby.
• 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. – Art Vendors and Agency Displays – Resident artists will have their artwork and creations on display for viewing and/or purchase. View of static displays from groups including the Gulf Coast Orchid Society and MSU Coastal Research & Extension Center.
• 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. – Indoor facility tours every half hour.
• 10:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m. – Speaker Gary Bachman from the MSU Coastal Research & Extension Center will speak about “Container Gardening” in the Community Center.
• 10:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m. - Speaker Christine Coker from the MSU Coastal Research & Extension Center will speak about “Rooftop Gardens” in the Community Center.