Cindy Duvall at Mississippi Power reports:
* We expect extensive outages.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
* Know our crews are working as quickly and safely as possible.
* Our goal is to get the power on as fast as possible. After our damage assessment, we will be able to give customers a ballpark of when they can expect power restored.
* Our storm center is now activated and will be running 24 hours a day throughout the storm event.
* We are prepared and ready to handle all eventualities.
* Our disaster plan is in progress. If the storm passes as weather authorities are reporting, we expect to be doing damage ssessment late Monday and completing that process Tuesday. Upon completion of the assessments we will begin to assign crews out.
* At this time, we have crews primarily from Georgia and Florida staged in Alabama and Florida, ready to roll on our cue-1500 crew members.
* Those in reserve are linemen and tree trimmers.
* When the winds die down below 30 miles an hour winds, we will get crews out and begin restoration. As soon as the weather is safe, we get our crews out there.