Here are the points of the proposed contract extentions that union employees will vote on Dec. 1. Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding – Gulf Coast provided this information that also ran in the company’s Nov. 24 newsletter:
The Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding-Gulf Coast leadership team has met with the Pascagoula Metal Trades Council (PMTC) and its affiliates, New Orleans Metal Trades Council (NOMTC) and its affiliates, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), International Associations of Machinist and Aerospace Workers (IAM), the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), and the United Federation of Special Police and Security Officers (UFSPSO) Unions to develop a proposal for a two-year extension to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). All of the unions endorse this proposal.
Details of the proposal are as follows:
The proposal extends the current contract to March 11, 2012.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
• Wage Increases: Journeyman level employees will receive the following pay increases:
First increase: January 4, 2010 = 55¢
Second increase March 8, 2011 = 55¢
This proposal provides for an early wage increase on January 4, 2010. As in previous contracts, classifications below Journeyman will receive proportionate increases.
• Health Care Plan: - Employee monthly health care premiums will remain unchanged for the length of the contract extension.
• Ratification Bonus: Upon ratification of the contract extension, and in lieu of the COLA in 2010, all qualified employees will receive a ratification bonus of $1,000 payable on December 17, 2009.
• Details and qualifiers for the payment:
• Union eligible employees must be on the active payroll on December 1, 2009, and remain on active status through December 17, 2009.
• Employees on layoff status must be recalled by January 21, 2010.
• Industrial and non-industrial employees on leave of absence (LOA) must return to work no later than January 21, 2010, and must work thirty (30) calendar days to receive payment.
• Payment will be made to Military Actives on December 17, 2009.
• Payment will be made by a separate check. Employees on direct deposit will receive a separate deposit. The bonus is subject to a flat tax rate of 25 percent federal, 5 percent state, 7.65 percent FICA and 401K deduction.
• All other terms of the current labor agreement remain unchanged.Voting Times and Locations
• Pascagoula: December 1, 2009 - 4 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Jackson County Civic Center at the Jackson County Fairgrounds (2902 Shortcut Road, Pascagoula).
• Avondale: December 1, 2009 – 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Avondale Facility Training Center Class Room #8 (located at Gate 40).
• Gulfport and Tallulah: December 1, 2009 – times and arrangements will be communicated.
• Special voting arrangements will be made for offsite employees.