The Mississippi Hotel & Lodging Association, which feels the pulse of new hotel construction on the Coast, reports heavy activity underway.
Right now, nearly 11,000 rooms are available on the Mississippi Coast, and there’s more to come.
Executive Director Linda Hornsby gave this rundown of anticipated opening dates for at least 500 new bedrooms to be available during the summer and hundreds more in the season to follow:
- Courtyard by Marriott (originally Holiday Inn) on east Beach in Gulfport, opened in June with 148 rooms.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Sun Herald
- Hilton Garden Inn, Airport Road, 125 rooms
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Airport Road, 125 rooms
- Holiday Inn Seaway, full service, six floors, estimated several hundred rooms, anticipated opening toward the fall near U.S. 49 and Creosote Road.
Hornsby said the action is “moving rapidly” on several major projects, but completion dates are not yet available:
- Margaritaville, occupying the former Biloxi Grand and Casino Magic sites on U.S. 90 in downtown Biloxi,
- Bacaran Bay Casino Resort on Caillavet Street in Biloxi.
- Holiday Inn Crown Plaza and Hilton Garden, east side of Rodenburg Avenue on the beach side, Biloxi.
- South Beach, at the corner of Veterans Boulevard in Biloxi is expecting another 500 rooms to start, with more additions on the way.