1. Western Kentucky (7-2, 5-0): The farther we get into the season the more I’m convinced that WKU is set to take a fall in the regular season finale to Marshall. WKU is still a fine football team, but it's been dealt several injuries.
2. Marshall (8-1, 5-0): The Herd will have a home at No. 2 until it proves that it can beat Western Kentucky on the road. Defense wins championships and Marshall has the best unit in the conference.
3. La. Tech (6-3, 3-1): After struggling against UTSA and Mississippi State, the Bulldogs have been strong the last two weeks. The C-USA West title will go through Ruston, La. Southern Miss travels to La. Tech in the regular season finale for a huge contest.
4. Southern Miss (6-3, 4-1): USM has a good shot to pick up a big win on the road when it travels to Rice after the bye week. With three straight wins, the Golden Eagles have as much momentum as any team in the league.
Never miss a local story.
5. Rice (4-4, 2-2): There is a significant gap between the top four teams and the rest of the league. The Owls are simply mediocre.