Southern Miss beat UAB, 4-3, Thursday at Pete Taylor Park to stay alive in the Conference USA Tournament.
The Golden Eagles will take on the winner of East Carolina-UTSA at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
Here are some notes from today's contest:
* The two teams combined for 25 hits, but stranded 27 runners. USM left 13 on base while UAB stranded 14.
* Southern Miss hasn't been eliminated after two games since the 1985 Metro Conference Tournament.
* Bradley Roney earned his 12th save of the season to give him 30 career saves, tying him with Collin Cargill for the most in USM history.
* Roney entered the game with the bases loaded and none out in the seventh inning. He held the Blazers scoreless on just four pitches, inducing a pop-up and a 6-4-3 double play.
* Conor Fisk improved to 7-2 for USM by giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out four and walking two in 5 1/3 innings.
* USM's three and four hitters, Mason Robbins and Matt Durst, both went 3-for-5 with a run batted in.
* USM will have to win three straight games over the next two days to advance to Sunday's 1 p.m. championship game.