Game week is finally here on the Coast, and the first Friday of high school football features plenty of interesting matches.
* D'Iberville at Gautier - The Warriors are a heavy favorite on the road in this game. This contest was initially supposed to take place at D'Iberville, but issues with turf installation forced the game to be moved to Gautier. Gautier is coming off a rough performance in its jamboree contest with Biloxi, and will have plenty of work to do to get ready for this one.
* Pascagoula at Moss Point - There are several unknown factors entering this game. Who will play quarterback at Pascagoula, and what will Moss Point look like under new coach Ed East? The "Battle of the Cats" will be as intense as ever.
* East Central at Vancleave - East Central starts the year with a bit of bad news with defensive lineman Hunter Hanson out for the season with a knee injury, but the Hornets have reason to be optimistic headed into the season opener. Vancleave has experience and home field advantage on its in the "Pascagoula River Bowl."
Never miss a local story.
* Enterprise-Lincoln at Resurrection (Saturday) - The Scott Sisson era begins at Resurrection as he takes over as head coach after serving the last two years as an assistant.
* We will have all of East Jackson County covered this weekend as the Sun Herald will have writers at all four of the games I've listed. I'll be at the Moss Point-Pascagoula game and the Resurrection contest at 7 p.m. at Saturday.
* Doug Barber and I sat down to do a short video discussion today on the upcoming high school games, click on the link to the right to check it out.