1. Western Kentucky (8-2, 6-0): The Hilltoppers take on FIU Saturday before they finally collide with Marshall on Nov. 28 in a game that should decide the East. WKU isn't exactly peaking late in the season, but there's not much reason for concern.
2. La. Tech (7-3, 5-1): The Bulldogs can’t be discounted as a contender for the C-USA title. If Louisiana Tech does qualify for the title game, it will likely head to WKU for the second time this season. WKU won a hard-fought game, 41-38, in Bowling Green. It's always difficult to beat a good team twice.
3. Marshall (9-2, 6-1): The Herd is in a bye week before it travels to WKU to close out the regular season. Marshall shook off its 27-24 loss to MTSU two weeks ago to thump FIU, 52-0, last week.
4. Southern Miss (7-3, 5-1): The Golden Eagles may be playing their best football of the season after a 65-10 win over Rice on Saturday. If they can build on that performance over the next weeks, USM will have a good shot to play in the league title game.
Never miss a local story.
5. Middle Tennessee (5-5, 4-2): The Blue Raiders look like they’ll be a seven-win team at the end of the regular season. MTSU doesn’t really have a bad loss on the schedule aside from giving it away late against Vanderbilt.