A Harrison County man escaped injury early this morning when he woke to find his home on fire.
Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said units responded to a call of a mobile home fire about 1:30 a.m. at 22098 McGhee Drive.
The man was home alone when the fire started, but he awoke and got out of the house. One room was gutted in the blaze.
Eight trucks and 21 firefighters responded to the fire, which is under investigation.
Never miss a local story.
Read more about this story in Tuesday's Sun Herald.