HARRISON COUNTY -- A couple escaped a burning house with their 9-month-old baby Wednesday night in west Harrison County, county fire Chief Pat Sullivan said.
A pot of grease left heating on the stove caused heavy fire, heat and smoke damage to their wood-frame house on Giani Road north of Pass Christian, he said.
Twenty firefighters and 10 trucks from West Harrison Fire, Harrison County Fire Service, Pass Christian Fire Department and CRTC Airport Fire responded to the blaze, along with American Medical Response.
Firefighters brought the fire under control within 45 minutes. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family.