New Year’s Eve isn’t until Sunday night and that just gives us the whole weekend to celebrate the New Year in South Mississippi, and, boy, are there a lot of ways to celebrate.
Here we’ve rounded up as many ways to ring in the New Year in South Mississippi as we could find, including several family-friendly events:
New Year’s for families
▪ Oyster Ball Drop at Maritime & Seafood Industry Museum, 115 First St., Biloxi. All are welcome to watch from the lawn the Oyster Ball Drop and fireworks at midnight, and hear the with whistles from the old Biloxi seafood factories.
▪ Family Party and Balloon Drop at Margaritaville Resort Biloxi. Dance party with Bella the DJ 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Kids’ countdown balloon drop at 10 p.m. Countdown and balloon drop at Midnight. Arcade games half price 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Sunday and all day Monday. 228-271-6377
▪ Ice skating at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi goes on all weekend, with sessions Friday and Saturday at 3:30 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. On Sunday sessions are at 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Skate rentals are available on a first-come basis. 228-594-3700
▪ New Years Eve Eve with Valerie Sassyfras at Greenhouse on Porter at 404 Porter Ave., Ocean Springs. 6-9 p.m. Features exercise, Christmas songs and a CD release of “Blastoff! A Cosmic Cabaret,” complete with special effects, costumes and props. 228-238-5680
▪ Gulfport Harbor Lights at Jones Park on U.S. 90 continues nightly through New Year’s Eve. Walk among the lights or see the show aboard a free heated trolley. $10 cash per per person, 4 & under free. 5:30-9:30 p.m. Show ends at 10:30 p.m. Amusement rides and food available. 228-868-5700
▪ Better than Ezra at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino at 8 p.m. Friday Tickets start at $14.95.
▪ Darren Knight’s Southern Momma An ’Em Comedy Tour at IP Casino Resort at 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets start at $25.
▪ Rick Springfield concert at Hard Rock Casino Biloxi at 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets start at $29.99.
New Year’s Eve parties
▪ Party & Oyster Ball Drop at Maritime & Seafood Industry Museum, 115 First St., Biloxi. Music by Blackwater Brass, hors d’oeuvres, full bar, favors and beignets for the oyster drop and fireworks at midnight. $90 per couple, $50 per person. 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Reservations: 228-435-6320.
▪ 2018 KARAT GOLD New Year’s Eve Bash at Big Play Entertainment Center, 1842 Beach Blvd., Biloxi. Music by DJ Crush and DJ Roonie G; 21 and up after 9 p.m. Tickets start at $50 with unlimited Champagne, Ciroc and Hennessy and access to late-night breakfast buffet.
Many casinos feature special holiday menus at their restaurants and complimentary live music, Champagne toast and party favors on the casino floor. The following casinos also have special ticketed events:
▪ Beau Rivage Resort & Casino has several parties planned. The Molly Ringwalds play in the theater starting at 11 p.m. Tickets start at $19.95 and include champagne toast and party favors at midnight. The party at EIGHT75 will start at 8 p.m. with entertainment by Dian Diaz. Book a table email@example.com or 228-383-3583. Coast Nighclub’s party starts at 10 p.m. with DJ Hyphee, DJ Sophia & DJ Blondie. Tickets are $55 in advance or at the door before 10:30 p.m., or $65 at the door after 10:30 p.m. 228-386-7327.
▪ Scarlet Pearl Casino, D’Iberville, celebrates with music from 6-10 p.m. by Storyville Stompers, a traditional second line band. Signature New Year’s Eve cocktail at PRL Bar, balloon drop and champagne toast on the casino floor at midnight. Tyler Kinchen & The Right Pieces play at PRL Bar from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Entertainment is free. 228-392-1889
▪ Hard Rock Casino Biloxi hosts The City of Atlantis New Year’s Eve Party with entertainment by DJ G and Rock City. Tickets are $50 or $150 for VIP tickets with drinks included.
▪ Boomtown Biloxi will have Elusive Behavior playing on the BT Stage beginning at 8 p.m., along with a photo booth, party favors and champagne
▪ Hollywood Gulf Coast starts the party at 9 p.m. with the band D Play, and will continue the celebration with party favors, champagne and a photo booth.
Don’t see your event listed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know, and add it to our online and print calendars by submitting the information on our website at calendar.sunherald.com.