Self-serve sandbag locations are now available at five areas around Harrison County in advance of Tropical Storm Nate.
The storm is expected to reach Category 1 hurricane strength, coming ashore Sunday morning somewhere on the Gulf Coast.
The Harrison County Emergency Management Agency has announced these self-serve sandbag locations:
▪ County Road Department, 10076 Lorraine Road (Mississippi 605) Gulfport.
Never miss a local story.
▪ D’Iberville Work Center, 10085 Doris Deno St./Rodriquez, D’Iberville.
▪ Lyman Work Center, County Farm Road, Gulfport.
▪ Woolmarket Work Center, Old Woolmarket Road (off of Mississippi 67), Biloxi.
▪ North Gulfport Work Center, 8300 34th Avenue, Gulfport.
In case emergency shelters open in Harrison County, you can register by calling the Coast Transit Authority at 228-896-8080.