PEARL – The following is the latest information reported to MEMA about impacts from Hurricane Gustav.
Never miss a local story.
· National Hurricane Center: reports storm surge reached 6.5 feet in Pascagoula and 11 feet in Waveland. Water started receding an hour ago.
· Pearlington: About 100 homes are flooding in the Pearlington area in Hancock County. No reports of anyone occupying those residences at this time.
· Jackson County: Highway 613 south of I-10 is closed because of debris. MDOT is now dispatching crews from Hattiesburg to begin clearing roads.
· Power outage update: 47,240 are without power in the lower six counties including Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties.
· Pike County: scattered power outages throughout the city of McComb, Summit, Magnolia, and Osyka and Central and southern part of the county; 1 fatality due to auto accident.
· Madison County: Scattered power outages reported.