Don't think a power ballad should be on your gym playlist? You're wrong.
1. "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. Doing the 30-day squat challenge? This song is perfect for that. The backbeat helps perfectly time moments to squat and come back up for a rest. During the bridge, take a break and prepare to sprint during the chorus.
2. "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus. Whether you want to admit it or not, you probably can relate to this song about heartbreak and recovery more than the controversial music video. If you're lifting or trying to run a long distance, this song gets you pumped, kind of angry and in the zone.
3. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. It's impossible not to hum along to this groovy, fast-paced tune. What you don't realize, however, is that you've powered through half of a mile on the elliptical by the time it's over.
Never miss a local story.
4. "She Wolf (Fallin' To Pieces)" by Sia and David Guetta. Sia's haunting voice and David Guetta's crazy-amazing beat helps you power through an intense cardio and ab routine. This song never got huge in the U.S., but it's been on my workout playlist for months.
5. "Swimming Pools" by Kendrick Lamar. If you're a CrossFitter, this song is perfect for weight repetition or wall balls. Every time you hear the word, "Drink," you should probably move.