South Mississippis lower six counties Pearl River, Stone, George, Jackson, Harrison and Hancock offer a range of diversity. Residents of the upper three counties enjoy rural living and pastoral scenes, yet they are close to the amenities of nearby larger cities. Residents of the lower three counties enjoy life by the beach, gambling, shopping and urban amenities, yet they are near rural areas with the nature and quality of life they afford. All of that combined makes for a great place to live. In this 2013 Guide to Gulf Coast Living, we talk to residents of all of South Mississippis communities to find out what they like about their communities in an effort to give readers a sense of all that South Mississippi has to offer.
- Baby left in bathtub leads to arrest in Hancock County
- Funeral services finalized for Lorel Malone
- Man set for deer-smuggling trial in Gulfport planned to attend World Cup
- Back Bay Mission breaks ground on housing for homeless vets
- Agent: Pierre Thomas will remain a Saint
- Gulfport faces Madison Central in Boys 6A State semifinals
- Red Rebelettes square off with Olive Branch in Girls 6A semifinals
- Bay High girls earn spot in 4A title contest
- Arts and Culture
- Entertainment Videos
- Framed Photos
- Mardi Gras
- 311 added to Gulfport Music Fest lineup
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUI
- ABC's 'Resurrection' strong, Fox's 'Idol' weak
- CBS sets summer slate with returns of 'Big Brother,' 'Under the Dome'
- SUN HERALD | Editorial: THE SINGING RIVER HEALTH SYSTEM: Better accounting needed for $88 million 'adjustment'
- LEONARD PITTS Jr.: A pointed comment on guns
- MAUREEN DOWD: Too little 'R-S-P-E-C-T'
- Sound Off for March 12
- Irish favorites for St. Patrick's Day
- Irish soda bread is easy addition to St. Paddy's fare
- Spiced Peach, Graham Cracker and Oat Crisp
- Annie: Note isn't evidence of husband's betrayal
- Local Deals