PASCAGOULA — * Senior Xavien Johnson will return to the fold this week for the Gautier High School football team. It appears that he will be put in right away to play quarterback for the Gators for Friday's game against Moss Point.
* Johnson, who sat out the last three games because of a disciplinary matter, should be a nice boost for a Gautier offense that hasn't been the same without him.
* Pascagoula receiver Matthew Eaton's return from an ankle injury is still in limbo. There's the possibilty he may not be back until the playoffs.
* The winner of Friday's Moss Point-Gautier football game will move on to the playoffs. Both coaches badly want to get their first playoff bids in their short tenures at the two schools.
Kevin Jackson is in his second season at Moss Point and looking for his first playoff bid while Chris Peterson is the first-year coach at Gautier.
* A big focus for Moss Point on Friday will be stopping Gautier nose tackle Justice Coleman. If he causes problems for the Tigers, it could be a long night for Moss Point quarterback Anthony Mitchell.
* I'll have a feature on Moss Point senior defensive tackle Jaret Houston in Wednesday's newspaper. He's a hard working kid who has a bright future ahead of him, whether he will still be playing football or not.
* If you want to check out my piece today on Pascagoula quarterback/linebacker Stacey Warren, go to http://www.sunherald.com/2012/10/29/4272507/warren-brings-moxie-to-pascagoula.html