Smoke detector alerts family to house fire

dharris@sunherald.comDecember 10, 2011 

— The buzz from a smoke detector alerted a mother and her four children of a fire in their home, allowing them to escape and save their home, officials said.

Firefighters from Henderson Point and Pass Christian fire departments responded about midnight to 316 Bayview, said Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan.

Crews kept the fire contained to one area of the living room.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation but was not hospitalized, he said. updates the story as details become available.

The Sun Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service